Congratulations to Mike & Raynea’s family of Manteca for winning a free full hour of private dog training! This was a great family to work with and we hope to see Nala again.
There are different ways to train your dog to stop pulling while walking on a leash. A+ Dog Training shows you various solutions and then allows you to try it while Tom observes you in practice. Click on the title, “Loose Leash Walking” to view a clip of our Elementary class.
Ghost hosted a One Hour Club service in Turlock with A+ Dog Training. He invited dogs of all ages and sizes for a swim in his pool. The dogs learned how to get in and out of the pool on their own and the owners enjoyed swimming with their four-legged friend.
To see all of the pictures from Ghost’s Pool Party, visit A+ Dog Training’s Facebook page.
For more information on how you can host a One Hour Club to train your dog on any goal, call A+ Dog Training at 209-985-7898.
With the fall season just around the corner, A+ Dog Training would like to remind our A+ Lifetime Clients to call us for a refresher training. There are many factors that can cause your dog to stress or have anxiety when we would least expect it.
- Your dog was used to having the little ones around all summer long to play with and hang out on the couch. Although they’ve attended our obedience school, they don’t understand why their mini masters have now left them for long periods of time. Small children going back to school can cause a dog to act up because of the change in routine.
- Having an older child leave for college and not come back until Christmas is a major change for any dog. If your dog seems to be doing things that they normally don’t do and you’re worried about it, feel free to give us a call.
- Now that the kids are back in school, there’s time for you to bond with the dog. Perhaps you’ve stopped walking the dog over the summer but are now ready to get back into a solid exercise routine. Sometimes we need a refresher on loose-leash walking and getting our command back on the dog. Call us! Especially if you are an A+ Lifetime Client, you can schedule anywhere from a quick half hour session to a session once a month again with us for free.
Homework for our Junior High class is to take your dog out somewhere new or somewhere out into town. Ammo worked on his Down Stay at Patterson’s July pack walk.
Other places for homework: Home Depot, Lowes, OSH, US Postal Center and Wells Fargo in Raley’s Shopping Center, a lot of fast food restaurants’ outdoor seating in Turlock, Tractor Supply, and BBVA Compass Bank.
The great thing about A+ Dog Training classes are that they are held at a neighborhood park instead of an indoor facility. We understand that our clients want real-world training. There are a lot of children playing, people hanging out, squirrels, cats, runners, and even Pokemon trainers at the park while Junior High works on long-leash recall.
Call A+ Dog Training for more information and to enroll in one of our September classes. There is a level that fits your dogs needs.
Why attend the Pool Social this Saturday?
- Beat the heat with man’s best friend
- Great exercise for both you and your dog
- It’s more fun than basic obedience
- Build trust and bond with your dog
- Train your dog to be safe around pools
- Find out if your dog will panic when there’s no ground underneath them or swim like a dolphin
- Take pictures of your dog in their classy wet look
- Work up an appetite before lunch
- Get to know A+ Dog Training more and how fun it is to train with Tom
- When else can your dog swim in a pool?! J
Pool Social this Saturday, August 6th from 11:00 – 12:00 p.m. in Turlock. Only $25 per dog. Call 209-985-7898 for more details.