It was time for Gracie to go from in-home training to a trip out on the town on Thursday! Gracie trained on how to go potty before entering a store, proper etiquette inside a store, and how to behave while strangers are near or petting her.
She went to Pet Extreme and Home Depot in Turlock with the family and A+ Dog Training. This is a part of our private training services. We have been training dogs in local stores from Modesto, Oakdale, and Ripon to Turlock and Livingston.
If one of your goals is to be able to take your dog with you wherever you go, give A+ Dog Training a call for a free consultation at 209-985-7898.
(More pictures of Gracie found on our Facebook page).
I am at Panda Express in Turlock today from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. to sign you up for the Elementary and Jr. High obedience classes.
Bring your shot records if you have them for me to view and confirm. I accepet cash or check of $120 per dog. Fee may be waived depending on private training program.
Please come! Classes are filling up quickly.
Our Labrador is ready for the Pacquiao vs. Bradley fight! If you are watching it in Modesto with some friends or at home with the neighbors, here are a few training tips for your boxer, chihuahua, and the like:
Keep a leash handy for when your dog gets hyper. You don’t have to use it for all of the bouts – just whenever your dog forgets their manners for a while.
Every so often, remove your dog from the room to relax and distress. All of the excitement from having company over can stress your dog out. Not to mention the cheering and yelling.
Be mindful of your guests. Not everyone enjoys a dog staring at them eat their chips and salsa. And some guests are polite enough to say, “That’s okay.” But it’s not. Leash your dog to be by you, Place your dog on its bed, or give the command of Back or Away. This way there’s no question about how comfortable your company will be with your four-legged sidekick at your side.
Due to a rainy day schedule, our April Pack Walk around CSUS is cancelled. We will see everyone next month on May 7th at 10:00 A.M.
Today’s Puppy Social at 2:00 P.M. is still happening. We will see you at Taylor ER Veterinary’s office today! 🙂
Turlock’s forecast calls for an 80% chance of rain tomorrow at 10:00 A.M. when our Pack Walk starts at CSU, Stanislaus. Should that 20% chance occur at 9:00 A.M. and it doesn’t look like it’s going to rain, we will post on our Facebook page that the Pack Walk is still on. Just remember to keep a towel by your front door for when you two come back from the walk!
If it is sprinkling at 9:00 A.M., enjoy the rain with a peaceful cup of tea and the sound of a snoring bulldog…I mean…rain – the sound of rain!
For those that travel from Patterson, Modesto, and the Greater Turlock areas feel free to check our 9 A.M. post or text Tom at 209-985-7898 before driving out here.
Hello, its that time of the year again. The group obedience classes out in the park will be starting up at the end of April. There will be two Elementary Classes and one Junior High Class starting up in April. The two Elementary Classes will be on Tuesday, April 19th at 6pm and Thursday, April 21st at 6pm.
The Junior High Class will be on Friday, April 22nd at 6pm. All three classes will be held at Four Seasons Park in Turlock. They will be for five weeks and cost $120 per dog (some may not have to pay depending on the private training package). Let me know if you are interested in the class. I will be only taking 10-13 dogs in both Elementary and 8-10 dogs in the Junior High.
Let me know right away if you are interested, I already have some people that signed up. The next set of classes will be at the end of May. I will be over at the Panda Express tables by Target in Turlock on Monday, April 11th from 2-3pm to sign people up.
If you come that day, bring your shot records, and payment of $120 (cash or check). Let me know if you can’t make that time and I will be out another day in the week.
Thomas Lee, A+ Dog Training
We thought it was going to rain on us during March’s Pack Walk but we took a chance and had a blast! Nineteen dogs showed up from Modesto, Ceres, and Patterson to walk around Turlock’s beautiful CSUS campus.
Come join A+ Dog Training this Saturday, April 9th at 10:00 A.M. on the corner of Monte Vista Avenue & Crowell Road. We’ll take another safe route in case it starts to rain on us. Come and go as you please. 🙂
Text 209-985-7898 for more details. We will post the rest of our March Pack Walk pictures on our Facebook Page at A+ Dog Training.
It’s Opening Day and Tom is still out training dogs in Modesto. This shows how much we are committed to our clients and their dogs! (If you hadn’t heard, we had a Dodger themed wedding).
So keep up the great work, everyone! And we’ll see you again tomorrow!
When choosing the right program for you and your dog at A+ Dog Training, we always ask what your goal is. Is it to take your dog camping with you? Would you love to be able to have backyard barbecues during the summer and not worry about your dog? Would you like to bring your dog with you as you watch your kids practice and compete?
One of the goals for our dog was to be able to take this forever-hungry, always-chewing Labrador with us to our nephews’ baseball games. We’ve learned that he does fine if we lay a blanket down so he doesn’t eat a pound of sunflower seed shells that surround him. He also doesn’t fuss as much staying in one place for seven innings or bark at other dogs at the park. He doesn’t even flinch when a foul ball comes his way!
So we ask all dog lovers to write down your goals and share them with us! Oh…and yes, we can help you achieve them!